Sunday, December 21, 2008

I like her...



(and no not in that way!)
Teyana Taylor.
Now even though I don't know this girl personally, I must say she seems cool. I did once see her at Dr. Jay's, but I just can't acknowledge celebrities (wait is she a celebrity?!, for our purposes we will say no, Celebrity is such a nasty little label). It's funny cuz it was the day after I watched her Super Sweet Sixteen, prior to that I hadn't even heard of her. Now I'm not one to really give a shit about celebrities (besides Prince) but this girl seems really ahead of her time, and that's really impressive for someone so young.

She's pretty much a jack of all trades, an entertainer and she's even entered the realm of fashion which is cool cuz her style is pretty unique. I've read her blog and she's into preserving the culture in Harlem, and she's really into the advancement of young people which is pretty admirable. Hey, when you're in the public eye it's pretty easy to get lost in yourself, especially being someone so young.


So, I hope to see more of her in the future cuz I think she has alot of potential. It's good to see people with substance in the limelight.


Lastly, the girl has beautiful hair, and coming from a hair snob like me, that means alot. Who doesn't love hair??

No comments: